The beautiful waters surrounding Tenerife make it a paradise for all types of watersports and activities, including incredibly fun and unforgettable jet ski safari trips. If you are planning to visit Tenerife and want to try jet skiing for the first time, get in touch with the team at Club Canary who offer exhilarating jet ski safari trips on the south coast of Tenerife.
The excursions offered by Club Canary will take you out on the water where you will get to ride your own jet ski, all while accompanied by a guide who will teach you how to use your jet ski and ensure your safety for the entire trip. Being out on the water and reaching speeds of up to 60km per hour is just so much fun – and the rich wildlife and epic beaches of Tenerife that you will get to witness makes this experience so much more enjoyable!
Why is Jet Skiing so much Fun?
It’s hard to describe the thrill of jet skiing until you have tried it for yourself. Having the wind blow through your hair, feeling the spray of the sea water and reaching speeds of up to 60km per hour is invigorating! It can be more exhilarating than your typical boat trip, which is why people who try jet skiing for the first time often get hooked and don’t go back to boating.
Jet skiing is also fun because you can pick it up so quickly. Just think of it like riding a bicycle out on the water. As long as you have good balance and coordination, you will be hooning around and doing turns, stops and riding over wakes in no time! The better you get the more benefits your body takes out of it – strengthening your arm, core and leg muscles as you go.
Above all, jet skiing gives you a great excuse to get outdoors, feel the sun on your face, stop off at secluded bays and go swimming, and enjoy a day of adventure. The benefits to your mental and physical health are massive and what’s better – this activity is typically cheaper than hiring your own private boat or going water skiing, sailing or other water-based activities.
Book a Jet Ski Safari in Tenerife
Club Canary is one of the most reputable tour companies in the Canary Islands. The jet ski safaris they offer take you across 60 kilometres of shimmering waters that southern Tenerife is famous for. Starting from the harbor in Las Galletas, your guide will lead you across the open ocean and to some of the most stunning sights along the southern coastline.
One of the biggest highlights of this experience is getting the chance to see dolphins. Tenerife is home to these creatures all year round, so it doesn’t matter what time of year you choose to book your safari. Being on a jet ski, rather than a boat, means you are lower to the ground and closer to the water. So who knows how close the dolphins might come!
Dolphin sightings aren’t guaranteed, and the main reason for your jet ski safari is to cruise the coastline and visit beautiful beaches, however you might still get the chance to come across dolphins. When this happens it’s always a very special moment for the jet skiers. If you would like a more guaranteed way of seeing dolphins, and whales too, you can always book a whale watching trip with Club Canary. More information on that here.
It’s important to remember that jet ski safaris are for everyone – from couples, to friends, to families. It doesn’t matter your age or where you come from, you too can enjoy a jet ski trip! Club Canary can cater for private trips as well – perfect for those who want an intimate experience. The most common excursion is a two hour trip, but if you would like something longer just get in touch with Club Canary and they can arrange it.
The speeds you will go are totally up to you. You can take it easy and just admire the stunning views from the water or kick things up a gear to get your adrenaline pumping. There is no right or wrong way to experience a jet ski safari – each person and group will be different. Club Canary offers one person and two person jet skis. The two person jet skis are ideal for couples or parents with kids under 16 years of age who can sit on the back.
Important Tips for your Jet Ski Safari
- Wear swimwear and be prepared to get wet! Wetsuits are optional.
- There is a maximum of 8 jet skis per safari, so just keep that in mind.
- You should be at least 16 years old to operate a jet ski by yourself.
- Always wear a well fitting lifejacket just in case you crash or fall in.
- Keep an eye out for other jet skiers, boats and swimmers in the water.
- Reduce your speed when coming within 50 meters of someone.
- Give way to boats and fishing vessels in the water. Do the same for any other non-powered vessels like kayaks, canoes and sailboats.
- Never litter or throw trash in the water while jet skiing. It’s everyone’s responsibility to look after this precious natural wonder called Tenerife!
- Talk to your guide/instructor if you have any questions or concerns about your jet ski safari. They will teach you how to use your jet ski and ensure your trip is a safe and thoroughly enjoyable one.
- Enjoy yourself! This is one of the most popular water-based activities in Tenerife for a reason and you will want to bring a positive attitude to it!