Cannabidiol Oil, or simply CBD, is today extensively used as an alternative source of treatment for disorders like anxiety, epilepsy, nausea, skin care and many more. However, what is not clear are the legal issues involved when traveling with it. To know if this is a sensible idea or something fraught with risk, we should first understand what CBD actually is.
What is CBD?
What has aggravated the problem is the confusion about what CBD actually is and what it does. For example, cannabis has two main components – one that is responsible for health related issues that is CBD and the other chemical that is misused to get a high which law enforcement agencies frown upon. Here are some things to consider when traveling with CBD:
Benefits of Traveling with CBD
CBD has become a firm favorite with travelers as it can make the journey less stressful, more comfortable and importantly without any psychoactive effects. Taking even a small dose of CBD has helped travelers in feeling naturally mellow. You can just buy authentic CBD oil from a reputed Oakland Cannabis Dispensary and carry it with you.
Additionally, CBD has proved to be an effective aid for sleeping as an alternative to pharmaceutical medicines. Side effects are negligible and CBD has been found to have better tolerance than psychiatric medications.
When you are on the go, pain related issues crop up from time to time. Even here CBD has shown to give natural support to the body’s immune system because of the antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties it possesses. Just applying CBD topicals on the sore and tender parts of the body provides instant relief.
Is it Safe to Carry CBD while Traveling?
The short answer is ‘yes’. CBD is derived from two sources, mainly hemp which is totally legal, and marijuana whose legality differs from place to place. You can travel with hemp-based CBD, both domestically and internationally, provided you follow the rules prevailing in the country you are heading for. Here are some things to know when traveling with CBD:
- You should always ensure that you are totally aware of the product in your possession and its contents, whether it contains tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) or just CBD.
- Your hand luggage should not contain any gels, liquids, aerosols or cream over 3.4 ounces/100 ml.
- In the US, travelers on domestic flights should not have any issues carrying CBD as long as it contains less than 0.3% THC.
- On an international trip, carrying cannabis in any kind and any quantity is considered illegal in many countries. The customs official may have no clue whether your product is hemp or marijuana derived, hence it is best to research the cannabis and CBD laws of your destination.
- Companies are coming up with CBD lounges, a trend set to regulate and accelerate its use as consumer interest grows. Customers can add it to coffee, cocktails and more to get the calming effects of marijuana without the high associated with THC.
CBD can be of immense help, especially for domestic travelers within the US, as it reduces stress to a large extent. Whether it is a baby crying in the seat behind you, or your nervous system is playing havoc, be assured that CBD will help.